Intellectual property is critical to the life and success of a business. IP issues and requirements arise in all contexts and require skilled counsel to negotiate or litigate a resolution. Our team provides full-service transactional and litigation counsel to startups and established companies.
As a boutique firm of experienced attorneys, we provide personalized, in-depth legal representation. Intellectual property law issues are rarely simple; our corporate experience, knowledge and creative problem-solving approach is a tremendous benefit to our clients. At Thompson LLP, we represent artists, musicians, fashion designers, and software developers, as well as financial, food and beverage, automotive, and supply-chain product companies that seek to protect their intellectual property rights and interests.
Our transactional intellectual property services include:
- Trademark, copyright, and patent acquisition and prosecution
- Trade secrets protection
- Preparation and negotiation of licensing agreements
- Trademark office action advisory and response
- Patent office action advisory and response
- Brand consultation
- Confidentiality, noncompete, and nondisclosure agreements
- Franchise registration and agreements
Clients turn to our IP litigation team to enforce and defend their rights and protect against infringement claims involving trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and other technology matters. We are focused on our clients’ business objectives and seek to resolve issues through creative solutions that include mediation, arbitration and negotiated settlements. As required, we can and do litigate cases to trial.
Our transactional and litigation intellectual property services include:
- Infringement actions
- Breach of IP agreements - licenses, coexistence, purchase and sale, loan-outs
- DMCA disputes and privacy actions
- Domain disputes
- Trade secret, data privacy, wrongful competition actions