Internet & Data
In today’s market, a company must maintain a significant online presence just to stay competitive. Although this online presence is necessary, it is rarely simple.
Risks abound in the online marketplace involving privacy issues, protection of trade secrets and brand marks, the rights of end-users to websites, and other issues.
At Thompson LLP, our approach is sophisticated, backed by experience, and responsive to each client’s unique Internet law and media needs. Our internet lawyer team handles a variety of technical issues for New York City companies of all kinds, from representing health care organizations with online HIPAA compliance to litigating domain name disputes for startups. We take cases involving all aspects of business and Internet law. Lawyers from our firm focus on providing efficient, personally tailored solutions.
The firm provides consultation and representation for startups and established companies regarding e-commerce, privacy and related issues, including:
- E-commerce and privacy law.
- Web developer and host agreements (including the protection of trade secrets).
- Issues related to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Domain name and trademark availability consultation.
- Anti-cybersquatting litigation and consultation.
- Online business contracts.
- Website privacy policies: drafting and consultation.
- Trademark consultation, filing and enforcement.
- Consultation and litigation involving the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP).
- Domain name transfer and escrow services.
- Domain name disputes.