Giulio Zanolla is an international lawyer and ADR neutral focusing on the resolution of complex commercial disputes, insurance coverage actions, labor and employment claims and intellectual property enforcement cases, domestically and internationally. In addition to his mediation practice, Giulio advises foreign and domestic companies on various aspects of contractual, corporate and insurance coverage issues, with a particular focus on cross-borders transactions and dispute resolution processes.
He is a panelist with the American Arbitration Association (AAA), the International Arbitration and Mediation Chamber of Milan, the Center for Mediation and Law in Moscow as well as FINRA and federal court mediation rosters. Giulio is also an Adjunct Professor in the CUNY Law School Mediation Clinic.
Giulio has worked on the resolution of disputes in industries including technology, finance, insurance, advertisement, entertainment, healthcare, energy and natural resources, consulting services and real estate. He has been involved in the mediation of more than three hundred cases involving multifaceted legal and business issues with an aggregate value of several billion USD.
Giulio earned his law degree (JD) at the University of Parma, holds a Graduate Diploma in ADR and cross-border transactions from Hamline University School of Law in conjunction with the University of Rome La Sapienza and ADR Center SpA, and a Master of Laws (LL.M.) from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law focusing on International Dispute Resolution.
Areas of Practice
Business and Corporate
University of Parma, J.D., 2003
Mitchell Hamline School of Law, Graduate Diploma ADR, 2005
Cardozo School of Law, LL.M., in International Dispute Resolution, 2010
Awards & Professional Affiliations
- JAMS Weinstein International Fellow
- Panelist, American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- Panelist (Mediator), International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution
- Milan International Arbitration and Mediation Chamber
- Moscow Center for Mediation and Law
- Maximizing Mandated Mediation in D&O Coverage Disputes (co-author John McCarrick, Esq.), Jan. 23, 2019, The D&O Diary (dandodiary.com)
- How to Avoid Making Your Next Mediation a Waste of Time (co-author Peter Halprin, Esq.), NYSBA Inside, Fall 2018, Vol.36, N.1
- Five Mediation Myths, Debunked, Dispute Resolution Journal Volume 71, Issue 4, 2016 published by Juris Net LLC
- The New Italian Mediation Law: Experimenting With a "Soft" Approach to Mandatory Mediation, JAMS Foundation Newsletter, Fall 2015, republished onthe CPR ADR Blog in Feb. 2016.
- The Variegated Landscape of Mediation, a comparative study in Europe and the World, BOOMLEMMA/ELEVEN, 2014 (expected), NL; author of the New York chapter.
- L’arbitrato e la Mediazione nei Paesi della Sponda Sud del Mediterraneo, Wolters Kluwer International, 2007; edited by Giuseppe DePalo and Mary Trevor, Italian translation with S. Carmeli.
- Approaches to ADR and the role of the European Union, Dispute Resolution Alert, JAMS ADR, Fall 2006, with G. DePalo.